A Shorten Labor Government will roll out the real fibre NBN to more than 250,000 homes and businesses in Perth.
Labor will direct NBN Co to roll out Fibre-to-the-Premises to homes and business in:
- Bayswater, Inglewood, Maylands, Bedford and parts of Menora and Mount Lawley.
- Balga, Girrawheen, Koondoola and Malaga.
- Ashby, Banksia Grove, Carramar, Gnangara, Hocking, Jandabup, Mariginiup, Neerabup, Pearsall, Sinagra, Tapping, Wangara, Wanneroo.
- Canning Vale, Gosnells, Huntingdale, Martin, Southern River.
- Forrestfield, Kenwick, Wattle Grove.
- Kalamunda, Gooseberry Hill, Lesmurdie, Walliston.
- Midland, Bellevue, Boya, Darlington, Gooseberry Hill, Greenmount, Hazelmere, Helena Valley, High Wycombe, Jane Brook, Koongamia, Maida Vale, Middle Swan, Midvale, Stratton, Swan View, Viveash, Woodbridge.
- Mundaring and surrounds, including homes and businesses in Chidlow, Glen Forrest, Mahogany Creek, Mount Helena, Parkerville, Sawyers Valley and Stoneville.
- Ascot, Belmont, Cloverdale, Kewdale, Perth Airport, Redcliffe, Rivervale
- Karnup, Lakelands, Port Kennedy, Secret Harbour, Warnbro
- Atwell, Aubin Grove, Banjup, Beeliar, Cockburn Central, Hammond Park, Henderson, Jandakot, Munster, Success, Wandi, Bibra Lake, Coogee, Hamilton Hill, Munster, North Coogee, Spearwood
- Cardup, Jarrahdale, Mundijong, Serpentine
- Ferndale. Lynwood, Parkwood, Riverton, Rossmoyne, Shelley, Willetton
- Balcatta, Balga, Nollamara, Stirling, Tuart Hill, Westminster, Yokine
- Scarborough, Wembley Downs
Fast broadband will create local jobs. This is why a Shorten Labor Government will roll out Fibre-to-the-Premises to up to two million homes and businesses across the nation.
In 2013, Malcolm Turnbull promised that the people of Perth would get the NBN this year.
Three years later and the rollout of Malcolm Turnbull’s second rate NBN in these suburbs has not even started.
The cost of Malcolm Turnbull’s NBN has nearly doubled, and the time it will take to build has more than doubled.
While Australia waits for Malcolm Turnbull’s second rate NBN, our nation has dropped from 30th to 60th in the world for internet speeds.
Only Labor will fix Malcolm Turnbull’s mess and deliver the vital infrastructure of the 21st century to Perth.