Electorate Services

Electorate Services

On this page

All the information you need on the services the Blaxland Electorate Office can provide.

Here to help

Jason's electorate office can help you with enquiries or issues you may have with Federal Government departments or Federal Government legislation including:

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if we can be of assistance.

Flags and symbols requests

Our flags and symbols help tell the story of who we are as Australians.

Local non-profit community groups and schools can apply for a flag through my office.

The flags available include the Australian, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags.

If you would like a flag please call the Electorate Office on (02) 9790 2466 to confirm your eligibility.

Congratulatory Messages

What are congratulatory messages?

Australians celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or the King. In addition, they can receive a card or message from their local members of the Federal and State Governments.

You can make a big day special for friends or relatives celebrating important milestones in their lives.

Who qualifies?

The Prime Minister will send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age or more.

The King and Governor-General will send a message on a 100th birthday. On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General will write again every year and the King will write again every five years.

The Prime Minister and Governor-General send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries.

The King sends messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and will write every five years after that on request.

How to arrange a message.

Blaxland residents should contact my Electorate Office by calling (02) 9790 2466.

You will need to provide supporting documentation such as birth certificates or marriage certificates, or government ID with date of birth. If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office, or my electorate office.

Where appropriate, your request to the Prime Minister will be passed on to the Governor-General and the King so you only have to make one application. Your request will also be passed onto your local State MP and Council.

When to arrange the message.

You can make arrangements for anniversary messages up to two months before the celebration.

You can request a belated message up to one month after the birthday or wedding anniversary has passed.

Where will the message be delivered?

Messages can be delivered directly to the recipient or to a care-of address for surprises.

justice of the peace

Portraits of the King

Constituents of Blaxland can request a single portrait of King Charles III by calling (02) 9790 2466.

This portrait must be picked up from the Electorate Office at Suite 7 Level 1, 400 Chapel Road Bankstown, NSW, 2200.

Justice of the Peace Appointments

The Electorate Office, located at Suite 7 Level 1, 400 Chapel Road Bankstown, NSW, 2200, has a Justice of the Peace on-site.

Please call (02) 9790 2466 to book an appointment to ensure availability.

Watch Parliament

During parliamentary sitting weeks, you can tune in to watch parliament live.

Question Time occurs at 2pm every day when Parliament is sitting and usually lasts for about one hour.